Managing Independent Center Time
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Starting center time. I want to create a 30 min block of time where my students will work on centers. I want to include activities I want my students to practice but I don't necessarily want to devote a weekly lesson to. Each week the students will have the opportunity to complete the centers at their leisure but each center will be due on Friday. My centers will include tic tac toe spelling, cursive practice, and some variations of the take it to your seat centers. As each activity is completed it will be turned into the paper drop and it will be checked off an accompanying clipboard. This way I can see at a glance which students have completed which assignments. When students have completed and turned in all required centers they may work on any free learning activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment